Friday, December 19, 2008

"The Traffic Shot"

Our most requested shot is a dipping shot in traffic like the one from Laura & Travis's wedding last year. Everyone wants this shot - however it is very hard to duplicate.

For one - the street where theirs was taken is a gorgeous street, with an area where a couple can stand and not get hit. (Other versions of this photo as seen online hide the median more) Not everywhere has what this street has. Plus - I want to make each wedding unique. If everyone has the same shot - it loses it's pizazz.
SO - when Julie told me she wanted a traffic shot in Bethalto IL in the dark, my thoughts were - great... this ought to be fun. Have you been to Bethalto? I didn't see how we could possibly do this shot without a fast food or gas station sign in the shot. But then - we put on our creativity caps, and we found a great spot. Again for this shot - all of the circumstances were right. 3 minutes later - this shot would look totally different. It's having the right place at the right time, and I am telling you what - I knew after this shot that it would be the new "must have" shot! Absolutely LOVE IT!!!!

No comments: