Thursday, March 19, 2009

Special Day

I pre- apologize for this non work related blog. I try not to do too many personal posts because this is a photography blog and not somewhere that I feel the need to put my personal thoughts or happenings on. I have Facebook for that. But there's something pretty important that I have been looking forward to sharing.
Some of you may remember a post I did last July, but for those of you who weren't reading then I'll recap...
At the end of June 2008 my mother went into the hospital for a routine colonoscopy. I took her to the appointment and waited for the doctor with her after she was done. It's funny how one sentence can change your entire life. It's a sentence I will never forget - "We found a cyst and it is cancer." Time stood still.
It's hard for time to stand still when you are running a business. Time isn't standing still for anyone else. But thank God I have the amazing clients who not only allowed my life to stand still for awhile, but stood with me. No one complained about things taking longer, no one batted an eye when I couldn't do their family sessions, and everyone gave me strength that I needed through their prayers, emails, calls and thoughts.
After 3 months of daily chemo and radiation, surgery that removed the lower portion of my mother's colon, and 5 more months of more chemo... today my mother has her last treatment and is officially cancer free!
So I just want to take a moment and thank those of you who shared your stories, your prayers, and your compassion to myself and my mother. I am BLESSED to have a job that brings you all into my life! I also want to thank my husband for being the rock that I needed him to be throughout this process. I have to send a "Cancer is Stupid" shout out to my beautiful 6/20/09 bride Nikki who seriously got me through this and continues to inspire me with her strength. And finally I am thankful that I can tell my mother how proud I am of you and how grateful I am that out of all the mothers in the world - God gave me you. I love you.

6 comments:

Pamela said...

That really is wonderful news and we are very happy for you and your family.

-Pamela and Michael

TBRAN said...

I have always said that you have the "gift to blog" and I have always known that you had the "heart to blog as well". I can't thank you enough for sharing your special story with me - as I am sure everyone else feels. You are truly an amazing young woman...who treasures her past and the people in her own life, while capturing those special moments for others as well. Photography suits you well.....it's an expression of the type of person you are - I will continue to keep your Mom in my thoughts and prayers...and you posted the most "perfect" photo - of a Mom and daughter.

T Bran

TBRAN said...

Ok - I had to come back to the blog JUST to see this photo of you and your Mom one more time. It is so "Brady" looking, do you even know of the show called "Brady Bunch"? I mean, it looks like you grew up in their neighborhood. The photo you shared is priceless and a sweet, sweet photograph!!

photomom said...

Oh Karin I am so happy for you and your mom! Such wonderful news! Just goes to show what the power of prayer can do!!

Dreaming Tree Photography said...

Karin, I came on here to look at your latest wedding and now have tears of happiness. God has truly blessed your family. Today is a new day for your mom, you and your family. I love the photograph of the two of you together.

Unknown said...

YAYAYAYAY!!! You make me all misty eyed! You are such a truly beautiful person and you know that you and your mother are ALWAYS in my thoughts and prayers! It's such WONDERFUL news!

Love you!
Nikki